Managing owners, users, and permissions in Insight Platform
NOTE: This section is relevant only to users with
Admin role in Insight.
There are 3 predefined roles you can grant to your users. A role contains a set of permissions that allows you to perform specific actions in the Kontomatik Client Area (Insight). There are three types of roles:
|Can view the import data
|Can manage account settings - add/edit IP addresses, generate API keys
|Permissions from Viewer and Technician
|Can view API usage
|Can view API usage
|Can invite new users
|Can delete users
WARNING: It is advised to be careful when changing/adding permissions in Insight as it contains sensitive end-user data which are subject to GDPR procedures.
Adding a new user
To invite new person to Insight:
- On the left menu, choose the
- Click the
- Fill in the information in the
Invite a new membersection. In most cases the ‘Viewer’ role will be the most suitable:
- The person will receive an email with an invitation link. The link allows registering in the application and become member of your company. The link will be valid for 7 days.
- The new member will have to follow registration steps shown on the website (including enabling 2FA).
Users tab in Insight allows you to view the list of current users assigned to your company account and manage their settings.
From the list, under each user, you can:
- manage their roles - remove or add a new one
- remove their account - in case they are no longer working for the company or no longer require the access
- reset the 2FA - if the user has problems with login and their OTP application is not working or password was lost, an administrator can reset the 2FA (the user will have to set up the access once again).
remove You may update user roles, remove a user or reset their 2FA. Each Administrator can add or remove access to the platform for subsequent users.
If a person with administrator privileges is no longer available, it is a good idea to designate a new person or two who will have privileges to manage your platform settings.
Make sure to verify the list and update it as often as you can to avoid risks regarding access to sensitive data or settings.